WARRIOR YOUTH WRESTLING CLASSIC
ZEOLI FIELD HOUSE – WILTON HIGH SCHOOL
395 Danbury Road Wilton, CT 06897
January 19, 2014
- BRACKETING ACCORDING TO ABILITY AND WEIGHT BEGINNERS VS. BEGINNERS, ADVANCED VS. ADVANCED, STATE QUALIFIERS VS. STATE QUALIFIERS
- 6 FULL MATS WILL BE USEDNO HALF OR QUARTER MATS
- KAPWRESTLINGFULLY ELECTRONIC TOURNAMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- COMPETITIVE EDGE WRESTLING WILL BE SELLING GEAR
- FULL CONCESSION STAND ONSITE
WHEN SIGNING UP, COACHES RATINGS WILL BE REQUESTED ON FOLLOWING SCALE: 1 = BEGINNER, 2 = ADVANCED BEGINNER, 3 = EXPERIENCED / INTERMEDIATE, 4 = STATE QUALIFIER OR BETTER
CT CLUBS AND CLUBS WITH USAWCT AGREEMENTS SIGN UP AT WWW.USAWCT.ORG STANDARD FEES APPLY
OTHER USA WRESTLING CARDHOLDERS EMAIL: NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, WEIGHT, USAW CARD NUMBER, AND RATING (SEE ABOVE) TO
- $25 per WRESTLER
NON USAWCT.ORG REGISTRATION CLOSES @ 9 PM FRIDAY JANUARY 17, 2014
SKIN CHECK, START TIMES, ETC. ON FOLLOWING PAGES
ALL WRESTLERS WITH BRACES ON THEIR TEETH MUST HAVE PROTECTIVE MOUTH GUARDS
All wrestlers will be grouped by age category, weight, and ability into 4- or 5-man brackets. Each wrestler will wrestle one-another giving each wrestler a total of 3 matches (round-robin format). Medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place wrestlers. RATINGS: 1 = BEGINNER, 2 = ADVANCED BEGINNER, 3 = EXPERIENCED / INTERMEDIATE, 4 = STATE QUALIFIER OR BETTER
Contact person- Art Roberts
Age Categories, Start Times & Period Length: A minimum of 20 minutes must be allowed - between wrestlers matches, unless agreed upon by the coaches for a shorter time.
||Year of Birth
||11:15 – 12:00
||1999-2001 & not in HS
||11:15 – 12:00
TECH FALLS will occur when a 12 point margin is achieved; this rule applies to all age groups
- Each Club’s director or designated person for that club will check in with the Tournament Director, inform the Director of any known NO SHOW wrestlers and pay for their team’s entry.Note:There are no refunds for no- shows – each club is responsible for full payment.
- All wrestlers must check in by the end of the Skin check-in time period to verify they do not have any contagious skin conditions. Wrestlers will not be admitted into the tournament if they are not checked in on time.
- It is the responsibility of the Club Directors, or the designated person for that club, to check with the head person running the Skin check in area to see if any of their wrestlers has not checked in by 8:15am for the morning session and 11:45am for the afternoon session.
Head gear will be required for all age groups this is a USA Wrestling rule.
- Only Sanctioned USA Clubs may submit tournament registrations
- Wrestlers who are not attached to a sanctioned club are requested to contact the nearest sanctioned club to register with or the Tournament Director.
- Out-of-state wrestlers may pre-register with the condition that they follow the same rules that USAWCT Clubs follow.
- Out-of-state wrestlers must be part of a club that has signed an agreement to follow our tournament rules and the club has provided the State Membership Director a copy of their wrestlers USA cards. USAWCT and out of state clubs must register on line by clicking on the following link http://www.usawct.org/tourny/clubmanagement.php and completing the necessary information and submitting that information to the Tournament Director no later than 10 PM the Friday of the tournament. There is no guideline on how early they may be sent.
- The Tournament Director will reply to your email confirming receipt of your registration.
- All registrations must be accompanied with a valid USA Wrestling card number for each listed wrestler.
- Last-minute USA Wrestling cards &/or numbers may be acquired by contacting their Club Director, who must make arrangements with the Membership Director PRIOR to the Wednesday before the tournament.
- Pre-registered wrestlers who do not show up for the tournament will be charged the full registration fee. The submitting club is responsible for this fee to be paid the morning of the tournament along with all the other registered wrestlers on the registration form.
- Absolutely NO Walk-ins permitted.
- In State Registration Fees:
- 1st wrestler = $ 20
- 2nd wrestler = $14
- 3rd& 4th & 5th wrestler = $ 8
- Spectator admission
- $3.00 admission fee / Free age 12 and under, or if you hold a current USA Coaches card.
Wrestlers are permitted to only register and wrestle in one (1) bracket regardless of staying within their own age group or not.
Any wrestler that violates the three (3) pound allowance will be disqualified and removed from that tournament, if the tournament director believes that this was a typo error, the wrestler can be re-bracketed. In addition, any wrestler disqualified as a result of violating the three (3) pound allowance will be reported to the State Chairman and that wrestler is to be identified (Flagged) on the web site and must be weighed in at every subsequent tournament to verify their weight.
Weight challenges during a tournament are performed at the tournament directors discretion. When a wrestlers weight is challenged by another wrestler (Coach or Parent), then the challenging wrestler will also be weighed in
- Weight challenges during a tournament are performed at the tournament director’s discretion.
- The tournament director must notify Dave
within 2 days of any weight issues or challenges.
- When weighing-in, each wrestler must weigh-in wearing a competition singlet or shorts.
The Code of Conduct Rules will be strictly enforced.
Coaches and Spectators Conduct--- This code of conduct has been established to ensure that there is a defined method for the handling of unacceptable conduct by coaches at USAWCT sanctioned wrestling events. The responsibility of the assigned officials and the USAWCT Board of Directors is described in the document posted on the website (www.usawct.org)
From Route 15 (Merritt Parkway) take Exit 41 to 33 North/Route 7 North;
From I-95 take Exit 15 to merge onto Route 7 North.
From I-84 take exit 3 to merge onto Route 7 South. Wilton High School is 1.5 miles north of Wilton Town Center on Route 7, on the west side of Route 7. The Zeoli Fieldhouse is at the north end of the complex.
Contact Information: Tournament Directors:
Ross Manino, email:
, phone: 203-276-9774
Art Roberts, email:email@example.com phone:407-697-3458
WYW Website: www.wiltonyouthwrestling.org
Food and Beverages: Food and beverages will be available to purchase on site. No Food or Drinks allowed in the Gym. Wrestling Equipment, merchandise and T-shirts will be on sale